Who or What is Blister?
When punk band Blister split in the summer of 1995, they were largely unknown. “Wellington Punk”, as they referred to it, was a small riff in this genre’s history — not much to shout about and even less to speak of. But speak, we shall! Longtime music marketer, Eric J. Cockrell, has amped up the volume to help breathe new life into Blister, sharing the band’s story with the angsty account, garage band banter and hardcore observations of lead singer/guitarist, Bert Brixley (AKA Blister).
Blister is a teenager in a punk band looking for his place in an evolving world. He thinks he’s got things figured out, but he is continually challenged by everyday issues—you know… girls, jerks, and the age-old question, “Am I punk enough?” Can one ever really be punk enough? Answers to these questions and how Blister navigates his world along with his conspiracy theorist best friend and bandmate, Harvey Schnieder, whom he refers to as a “perpetual fifth-grader” puts punk in perspective and rebellion within reach.
5 Reasons Why This Blister Comic is So Rad
1. 32 pages of a super honest look at those teenage years, and set in the greatest decade to grow up during, the 90’s!
2. The book contains the entire Hot for Teacher story, and an extra six-page story written by Gregory M Thompson and illustrated by Eric J Cockrell.
3. Your purchase includes an mp3 audio download of the Blister music EP.
4. You can always go way beyond the awesome comic and get the bad ass novel it’s based on.
5. It’s one hell of an experience for only $5!
What are others saying about Blister?
Oh yeah, and some press…
Get Yours Now!